Welcome to British Columbia, Canada!
The laid-back coastal and mountain life of B.C. is a great match with the hippies and sporty-types that live there, or is it the other way around?
From Vancouver, the ultra-hip sushi-laden urban centre, to retirement haven Victoria to middle of the rockies Nelson, you've got lots of variety in travelling lifestyle and attractions to enjoy in this plentiful province.
TOP THINGS TO DO/SEE IN BRITISH COLUMBIA
- In Vancouver:
- Explore the sushi restaurants and urban nightlife of downtown Vancouver
- Bloedel Conservatory to see a number of beautiful bird much closely than you would usually. This is a must for those who like colourful birds.
- Near the Bloedel Conservatory, you should definitely go to the Seasons in the Park restaurant in the area. Beautiful bird's eye view of the city, great service and hospitality. We only went for coffee but I'm sure that dinner or a dessert there would be great too.
- VanDusen Botanical Park - Great western canadian flowers and plants. Very highly rated !
- Stanley park and the Aquarium - A top highlight amongst most visitors to Vancouver. Features some of Vancouver's famous gorgeous trees and a lovely waterfront walk. And the massive aquariums is one of my favourites.
- Tour Granville Island - A cute little villagy sort of place with a lovely food market. Crafty and yes, quite touristy, but interesting and pretty none the less.
- Near Vancouver : Great Hiking and Mountain Climbing (Pick up a "BC's 101 Best Hikes" Book...) - My favourite climb was The Chief. This mountain has a number of hikes, so be sure you pick one of the ones that takes you to the cliff edge lookout for a mind-blowing view. Note this hike will require pulling yourself up a small boulder with a pre-attached chain - I did it, so it can't be too hard or risky.
- Whale Watching in between Vancouver Island and BC's mainland (in season)
- On Vancouver Island : Discover Tofino's Pacific Rim Long Beach and Rainforests on Vancouver Island
- Have I said sushi yet? They actually have two kinds of sushi salmon available here: Farmed and Wild. See the visual difference in the Hedges gallery. Personally, I liked them both!
- Dim sum and any other Asian dishes are also very good in the city too, due to the large Asian ethnic populations in Vancouver.
City Scapes, Hedges,
Bird Conservatory & Rodeo
Mountain Hikes & More
Sunsets & Waterfronts
On Vancouver Island
Want to see more of Canada?
Click here for pictures and stories from other trips that I've taken in Canada:
WHAT ELSE WOULD I DO IN BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA?
- More Scuba Diving!!
- Visit some more of the hot springs in the inside area.
- Take on more mountain hikes... there are so many throughout the province.
- Explore the coast north of Vancouver.