Welcome to Puerto Rico!
Work Travelling - the best type of travelling!
In winter 2000, I went to Puerto Rico with 5 colleagues from Warner-Lambert Consumer Healthcare (now Pfizer CHC) to visit one of our manufacturing plants. Of course, as it is cheaper to fly over the weekend -- we all decided that it would be fun to arrive on Friday... for a Tuesday-Wednesday meeting. With some spare time to kill, we visited San Juan, the capital, with its impressive historic fortress, the caverns of Camuy, and of course,... the beach!! It was a great trip... I even got to drive around in a rented car on the surprisingly well-paved roads (U.S. colony!)!
TOP TEN THINGS TO DO/SEE IN PUERTO RICO
- Walk around the city (it's pretty small though)
- Visit the fortress which overlooks upon the ocean.
- See the caverns -- third largest in the world! Breathtaking!
- See the Rainforest (I didn't have enough time to)
- Visit the Bacardi factory (I didn't have enough time to)
BEST MEMORIES FROM PUERTO RICO
- Looking around at all the parked car mirors, they were for some reason either banged up pretty bad or ripped off altogether! If I had a car, this would be the last place I brought it to! ;c)
- Gorgeous sunsets and beautiful soft-sand beaches
- Pastel-coloured Buildings, with Iron Bars over the Windows
FAVOURITE FOODS / DRINKS IN PUERTO RICO
- Monfongo (a plaintain mash) with lobster
- Puerto Rican shrimp are absolutely huge and delicious
WHAT ELSE WOULD I DO IN PUERTO RICO?
- Visit the Puerto Rican rainforest
- Go spelunking in the caves (ie. serious cave climbing for 4 hours!)
- Visit the bacardi rum factory
- Drive around the rest of this tiny island (about the size of southern Ontario --> Toronto to Windsor)