Corn & Jalapeno Muffins (Delicious light & moist corn muffins)
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Cornmeal (aka Polenta)
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Can (14 Oz) Cream-style Corn
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Butter, melted
- 1 Cup Jalapenos, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, combine sifted flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together corn, buttermilk, egg, cooled melted butter, sugar and chopped jalapenos.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix only just until all ingredients are moistened.
- Divide batter into the muffin cups and bake for 20 mins (or until a toothpick comes out clean). Be careful not to overcook.
- Cool slightly, serve warm.
Fuji Apple Muffins
- 300g (2 Cups) Self-Raising Flour
- 155g (3/4 Cup) Caster Sugar
- 50g (1/2 Cup) Rolled Oats
- 65g (3/4 Cup) Vintage Cheddar, Coarsely Grated
- Pinch of Salt
- 125ml (1/2 Cup) Vegetable Oil
- 160ml (2/3 Cup) Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Fuji Apple, coarsely grated
- 1 Fuji Apple, very thinly sliced
- 2 tsp honey warmed up until melted
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Grease a full muffin tray (alternatively, use paper muffin cups).
- Combine the flour (sifted), sugar, oats, cheddar and salt in a large bowl. make a well
in the centre.
- Separately, whisk the oil, milk, egg and grated apple in a large bowl.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, and stir until just combined (do not overstir).
- Spoon into the greased pan (or into the paper muffin cups).
- Then place 2 slices of apple on each muffin (vertically, so that half of the slice
is sticking out).
- Use a pastry brush to brush the apple slices with a little of the warmed up honey.
- Bake for 25mins or until a skewer comes out clean. Set aside in the pans for 5 mins to cool, then transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.